Friday, August 2, 2013

The project...

I've been telling Michael for a long time now that I really want a coffee table! I found some on pinterest that I really like and we narrowed it down to one....This one: 

I just really like it because it is different! Well, we looked everywhere for crates that looked like these, or ones that we could stain, but couldn't find any. So brilliant Michael said he would make the crates and we could bolt them together. He was super excited when I said okay.
So we went to Home Depot and bought the wood and materials needed! We probably looked like 2 very lost people in that store because neither of us knew what we needed exactly.
We got home and started staining the pieces. When we went to put them together the next day we realized that we miss counted the number of pieces needed so back to Home Depot we went. 
Well after 2 days of staining and a day of nailing the coffee table is complete. Although it doesn't look like the one in the picture it looks alright and it is Tae proof! Michael says that it has "character" because of all the mistakes! 



The finished project! It still needs to be bolted together and decorated with stuff in the crates! 
Michael is already starting to think of what he can make next! I told him he needs some practice first!





No comments:

Post a Comment