Friday, August 23, 2013

Our weight loss journey so far.

Yes that's right, Michael and I have started on our weight loss journey.
After Avery was born we both realized that we had baby fat we needed to lose. Michael called his sympathy weight, I called mine Avery weight. We are on a mission to get rid of it!
Five weeks ago we both set goals with no time line to reach those goals. Sometimes I feel like when I have to do something in a certain period of time I feel rushed and then back out.
 I will not be posting before pictures due to my lack of self confidence in my body after baby. I will however post pictures when we reach our goal weight. I will then use those pictures to motive Michael and me to continue to keep those goals and not go back to our old selves. 
Michael's Starting Weight: 219 pounds
Michael's goal: 190 pounds
My starting weight: 160 pounds (yuck :( )
My goal: 140 pounds
At the beginning we both had about 20-30 pounds to lose.

This is the first time I have EVER had to actually diet and exercise. When I had Tae I literally walked out of the hospital weighing what I weighed before I got pregnant. Yeah, with Avery not so lucky I walked out of the hospital weighing about the same as I did when I walked in. I wasn't used to being so heavy and not fitting into my jeans. I mean went from a size 6 to a size well larger than a 9 because I won't try on anything bigger. 
Michael took this diet thing and ran with it, he is a professional at getting fit and knowing what he can and can't eat. I mean he is only 5-8 pounds from his goal weight and here I am with only losing 8 pounds. 
The hardest things that I am dealing with are soda, I love me a Dr. Pepper and just can't cut it out of my diet, snacking, I seriously get so hungry I snack on anything and everything, and finally candy bars, oh how I love me a Butterfinger and a Twix. I. MUST. STOP. EATING. BAD. THINGS.
Struggle to me is a good thing because it proves to me that I am only human, everyone struggles with something, and mine is eating. Struggling gives you something to work at and to fix. I desperately want to fix my eating problems and become a more healthy person not only for me but for my kids. Every day I will keep trying and keep facing this struggle. 
Here is to a new me and to a new Michael! I am very grateful to be on this journey with him, without his support I would never have the motivation to work out every single day and to eat broccoli or asparagus, two vegetable I never thought I would put in my mouth (they are actually not that bad if you put A LOT of garlic in them). 
Progress updates to come!!

1 comment: